Decision Maker: Head of Communities
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To vary the agreement for the provision of
homeless outreach services dated 3rd August 2017 to extend the term
until 31st December 2021, and subsequently as necessary to reflect
any additional funding that may be granted as described in
“Reasons for decision” below.
To vary the agreement for the provision of homeless outreach services dated 3rd August 2017 to extend the term until 31st December 2021, and subsequently as necessary to reflect any additional funding that may be granted as described in “Reasons for decision” below.
To bolster existing Assertive Outreach provision, as well as allowing sufficient time to review future likely requirements and procure a new service.
Gloucester City Council along with county partners Cheltenham Borugh Council, Cotswold District Council, Forest of Dean District Council, , Tewkesbury Borough Council, Stroud District Council, Gloucestershire County Council, NHS Clinical Commissioning group, The Police and Crime Commissioner for Gloucestershire and the Contractor P3 (People, Potential, Possibilities) entered into an agreement for the provision of Homeless Outreach Services on the 3rd August 2017.
Following additional central government funding for services and the Council wishes to further vary the Agreement the Parties agreed the following amendments to the Agreement:
• The agreement will be varied to extend the contract for a further 12 month period up until the 31st December 2021
• The agreement will amend the existing personalisation pot from £6,000 per annum to £10,000 per annum and also include an additional £10,000 of Rough Sleeping Initiative (RSI) funding which will be available for a client personalisation budget for the period 1st January 2020 until 31st March 2021.
• The following additional staff (funded through RSI funding until 31/03/21) shall also be added to the agreement and we will be seeking further funding via the next bidding round of RSI funding to bolster this provision until the end of Dec 2021 in which case the agreement shall be further varied as required to reflect the grant of this additional funding:
• 2 x Full Time Outreach workers:
• 1 x Full Time Specialist Outreach Worker:
• 1 x Full Time Hospital In-reach worker
The variation of the contract as listed above will be up until the 31st December 2021 when the contract will end and work is commencing on the procurement process for the new outreach service to take effect from the 1st January 2022.
To not vary the agreement to extend its term and/or include the RSI funding received.
This would have meant lost capacity in regard to Assertive Outreach provision, as well as placing undue pressure on any resulting subsequent procurement exercise.
Publication date: 04/01/2021
Date of decision: 04/01/2021