Venue: Virtual Meeting. View directions
Contact: Democratic and Electoral Services
Declarations of Interest
To receive from Members, declarations of the existence of any disclosable pecuniary, or non-pecuniary, interests and the nature of those interests in relation to any agenda item. Please see Agenda Notes.
There were no declarations of interest.
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 9th June 2020 as the meeting scheduled for 7th July 2020 was cancelled.
The minutes of the meeting held on the 9th of June 2020 were confirmed and signed by the Chair as a correct record.
Late material had been had been circulated in respect of agenda item 4 – Land Adjoining Naas Lane Gloucester (18/01228/OUT).
Application for Determination: -
The erection of up-to 97 dwellings together with access from Naas Lane, provision of Green Infrastructure including surface water attenuation and play space and other related infrastructure including foul water pumping station and vehicular access to 2 Brooklyn Villas. Outline application means of access not reserved.
The Principal Planning Officer presented the report detailing an outline application for the erection of up to 97 dwellings together with access from Naas Lane, provision of Green Infrastructure including surface water attenuation and play space and other related infrastructure including foul water pumping station and vehicular access to 2 Brooklyn Villas.
She also brought Members’ attention to the Late Material and highlighted key elements.
The Democratic & Electoral Services Officer read out a written statement from a local resident against the application.
A local resident addressed the Committee outlining concerns about the application and the potential impact on residents’ right of way.
An agent speaking on behalf of Custom Land Limited addressed the Committee in support of the application.
Officers responded to the Vice Chair’s question about rights of access to the public footpath EQU19. They explained that a public right of a way was defined as a highway, and as such, improvements could be made to it under a section 278 agreement with the Highway Authority. Equally, any private access rights would also be maintained.
The Principal Planning Officer responded to Members’ questions as follows:
- The proposed contribution of £349.60 per dwelling as an off-site contribution towards additional allotment provision at Netheridge could allow for some redistribution of allotments given that there was a
shortage of allotments in Quedgeley.
- There was a proposed footpath along Naas Lane going north. Moreover, there would be a choice of routes for pedestrians.
- The footpath had variable widths and further dimensions are required to be submitted and approved by condition. The Highways Officer added that the dimensions for a public right of way can vary for historical reasons.
- The application site is not located in the Greenbelt.
- The application proposed up to 97 dwellings, however, there could be less dwellings ultimately built but not more than this. The submitted illustrative plan demonstrates that 97 dwellings could be suitably accommodated on the site.
- A Member stated that whilst she sympathised with existing landowners in the area, Gloucester was in need of more housing, and particularly affordable housing.
- A Member noted that whilst it would be a shame lose green areas, the proposals for social housing and open areas within the plan were to be welcomed. However, it was also important to uphold any private access rights.
The Chair moved, and the Vice-Chair seconded the Officer’s recommendation.
RESOLVED: - That outline planning permission is delegated to the Growth and Delivery Manager subject to the completion of a Section 106 agreement to secure the matters outlined in Section 7.1 of the report and the conditions outlined in the report, late material and Condition 25 as amended at Committee:
No development shall start until the following details have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority:
i) Detailed drawings of the pedestrian improvements including streetlighting to Naas Lane as indicatively shown on drawing no. 114 “Site Access Strategy”;
ii) Detailed drawings ... view the full minutes text for item 5.
To consider a schedule of applications determined under delegated powers during the month of June 2020.
The schedule of applications determined under delegated powers during the month of June 2020 was noted.
RESOLVED that: - The schedule be noted.
Date of next meeting
Tuesday, 1st September 2020.
Tuesday 1st of September 2020.