Venue: Virtual Meeting. View directions
Contact: Democratic and Electoral Services
Declarations of Interest
To receive from Members, declarations of the existence of any disclosable pecuniary, or non-pecuniary, interests and the nature of those interests in relation to any agenda item. Please see Agenda Notes.
There were no declarations of interest.
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on the 3rd November 2020.
The minutes of the meeting held on the 3rd November 2020 were confirmed by the Chair as a correct record.
Please note that any late material in respect of the applications detailed below will be published as a supplement on the Council’s website in the late afternoon of the day of the meeting.
Late material had been circulated in respect of Agenda Item 5 – Land East of Hempsted Lane (20/00600/REM).
Application for Determination: -
Reserved Matters application (for details of appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) for a 50 unit residential development with open space including orchard, cycleways, footpaths, and associated works (pursuant to outline planning permission ref. 13/01032/OUT).
The Principal Planning Officer presented the report detailing a reserved matters application (for details of appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) for a 50-unit residential development with open space including orchard, cycleways, footpaths, and associated works (pursuant to outline planning permission ref. 13/01032/OUT).
A local resident addressed the Committee in opposition to the application.
An agent of Asbri Planning addressed the Committee in favour of the application on behalf of the applicant.
The Principal Planning Officer responded to members questions regarding an orchard on the site, concerns about compliance with condition 5 of the outline permission, affordable housing, and sewage disposal in the area as follows:
- The orchard would be a part of the public open space, which would come across to the City Council.
- There was a separate condition in the outline application to provide a scheme for the orchard.
- Trees in a good enough condition would be retained.
- The tree officer had looked at the scheme and had confirmed that he was happy with the planting arrangement.
- Regarding Condition 5, there was an overlap on one of the buildings which was ‘undesirable’ but did not cause any significant planning harm and would not warrant refusal of the reserved matters application on its own.
- Severn Trent had not submitted any comments on the application.
- Surface water would outfall from the northeast of the site to existing ponds.
- The number of shared units listed in a table on the site layout had a typographical error.
- There was a clear intention to correct the site layout to make it consistent with the s106 agreement.
- A member stated that he was concerned about the lack of clarity in the late material regarding affordable housing. He stated that he thought that the reserved matters application should therefore be deferred and that he would otherwise vote against the officer’s recommendation.
- A member said that he believed that the reserved matters application should go back to the architects and the applicant to ensure that the buffer zone in the original outline application was kept; otherwise, he would vote against the officer’s recommendation.
- The Vice-Chair stated that he sympathised with previous members points but was broadly happy with the reserved matters application and would, therefore, probably vote in favour of the officer’s recommendation.
- A member stated that she was originally going to agree with the officer’s recommendation but now believed that the application should be deferred.
Councillor Hyman proposed and Councillor Walford seconded a motion to defer the application for the applicant to revise the reserved matters application so that the buffer zone in the original outline was kept and for the affordable housing mix to be resolved.
Upon that motion being lost on the Chairman’s casting vote, the Chair moved, and the Vice Chair seconded a motion to delegate approval as the Officer’s recommendation in the late material.
Upon that motion being lost, the Chair moved, and Councillor Hyman seconded a ... view the full minutes text for item 35.
To consider a schedule of applications determined under delegated powers during the month of October 2020.
The schedule of applications determined under delegated powers during the month of October 2020 was noted.
RESOLVED that: - The schedule be noted.
Date of next meeting
Tuesday 5th January 2021.
Tuesday 5th January 2021.